Many of us don’t ever think about how their nails grow. As real experts in their field, nail technicians should be well versed in this topic. It’ll help not only in their work, but also in establishing easy communication with their customers!
Below we have collected 10 interesting facts about nails:
- Baby's nails begin to grow while they are still in the womb. Nails begin to grow at the end of the third trimester of pregnancy, and during this period, the mother’s nails also accelerate in growth.
- Nails grow faster in spring and summer, and much slower in autumn and winter.
- It is known that men’s nails grow faster than women’s.
- Nails also grow faster while we sleep.
- Toenails grow faster than nails on hands.
- Nails on thumbs and little fingers grow more slowly than the rest. And the fastest growing nail is the one on the middle finger.
- Light hammering, such as typing on the keyboard, stimulates nails growth. In fact, it is perceived by our body as a massage. And from this fact comes the following one....
- Nails grow at different speed depending on the hand. If you are right handed, the nails of the right hand will grow faster than the nails of the left hand and vice versa.
- Nails do not sweat. Nail beds don’t have sweat glands. Only the skin around nails can sweat.
- The older we get, the slower our nails grow.
Want to know even more interesting and fun facts? Sign up for Nailor Academy courses!